Alternative to Braces for Teens
If your teen is troubled by crooked teeth but does not want to deal with the hassles of metal braces, Scottsdale Family Smiles is pleased to offer alignment system alternatives. Invisalign Teen is a nearly invisible, faster, more convenient way to straighten teeth. If you live in the Scottsdale area, we invite you to call us at (480) 607-6934 to schedule a consultation.
Request An Appointment
What is Invisalign Teen®?
Invisalign is a tooth alignment system that straightens teeth through the use of several clear, plastic aligner trays. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign achieves straightening by placing pressure on specific teeth to move them into proper alignment. The entire alignment process is completed in a series, while traditional braces use brackets and wires to move teeth over a longer period of time.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign trays are easy to wear and can be removed for eating, brushing teeth, and cleaning the aligners. This means that teens do not have to limit certain foods and oral hygiene remains simple.
- Treatment time with Invisalign tends to be shorter than treatment time with traditional braces. If the aligners are worn regularly, treatment is faster and more effective.
- Invisalign aligners are almost invisible, meaning that they likely will not be noticeable as your teen’s treatment progresses. Because the aligners are discreet, they will not make your teen feel self-conscious about smiling or speaking.
- Invisalign makes it easier to keep teeth clean than what was common with metal braces. Because the trays can be removed, teens can brush and floss as usual, as well as cleaning the trays. Removing them to eat also reduces the risk of food bacteria building up between the trays and teeth.
- Invisalign is comfortable to wear compared to the potentially irritating brackets used with traditional braces. They fit snug against the teeth and their smooth edges prevent gum irritation.
If your teen’s teeth can benefit from being straightened, contact Scottsdale Family Smiles and schedule an appointment with Kamran Fattan DMD to discuss the alignment options available.
Invisalign takes a modern approach to straightening teeth
What Our Patients Are Saying
Bright pleasant clean office. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Safety COVID precautions all in place. Never felt nervous about being examined without my mask. Dr. Fattah's very thorough exam found some teeth that need work
Karen | Patient
Dr. Fattah has incorporated the latest research and equipment in his practice. He looks beyond the issue to discover root cause. As individualized medicine becomes the standard of care, dentistry need to continuously evolve.
Nancy | Patient
We gladly travel for our whole family to see Dr. Fattah— we cannot recommend him enough! He’s very communicative, skilled and takes great care of each patient!
Sylvie | Patient
Had my very first visit there today. Have to give kudos to the whole staff. From the moment I walked in everyone was so pleasantly kind and accommodating!
Lexy | Patient
To learn more, schedule an appointment by calling (480) 607-6937.